Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mommy shrapnel everywhere...

So, the plan. We've hit the first snag. And I involved me losing my temper. Shocker.

This morning, after a week of decent mornings, the boy declared that he *knew* we were running late, but he didn't care!

The morning rule is pretty strict. It's about to get stricter. The boy is responsible to get himself out of bed (with the help of an old fashioned twin bell alarm clock), to the bathroom, teeth brushed, clothes (laid out by mommy in advance) on, and into the living room by 7:45 am. Breakfast should be eaten by 8 am. Shoes and coat on immediately after, and through the door no later than 8:15 am.

This morning, when I pointed out to the still pajama clad boy that it was 8:10, he declared that he didn't care that we were late.

Mommy blew a gasket.

Hence, regression, once again.

And of course, I feel like two cents, because I am the one that deviated from the plan. Mommy guilt has hit. Lovely.

Sigh. Will try again tomorrow. And the day after that. And the day after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment